- Dell Keyboard Kb212B Specifications
- Dell Keyboard KB212-b Layout
- Dell Keyboard KB212-B Switch specifications
- How to Clean Dell Keyboard KB212-B
- How to unlock Dell Keyboard KB212-b
- How to open Dell Keyboard KB212-b
- Dell Keyboard KB212-b Driver for Windows 10
- To check for driver updates, take these steps:
- How to fix a Dell laptop keyboard when some keys aren’t working
- How do I remove the keys from my Dell KB212 B?
- How Much Is Dell Keyboard KB212-B?
The Dell Keyboard KB212 B is a reliable and versatile keyboard that meets everyday demands. Manufactured by Wyse Technology, this standard 104-key layout connects to your computer via a USB cable for a stable, responsive connection when typing. Its sleek and ergonomic design ensures comfortable typing, reducing strain or injury risks. So whether you’re creating reports, browsing websites, or playing games – the Dell Keyboard Kb212-B is an ideal choice for anyone needing high quality yet durable computer keyboard.
Dell Keyboard Kb212B Specifications
Here are the specifications for Dell keyboard KB212-B:
- Brand: Dell
- Model: KB212-B
- Connectivity Type: Wired USB
- Keyboard Layout: Standard 104 keys
- Essential Switch Type: Membrane
- Essential Type: Low profile
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 17.4 x 5.0 inches
- Weight: 16.23 ounces
- Cable Length: 6 feet
- Keyboard Features: Spill-resistant design with multimedia hotkeys and adjustable tilt legs
- Backlighting Options Available: None
- Colour Options Available: Black
- Part Number: DJ454
- UPC: 884116173823
The Dell KB212-B is a standard wired USB keyboard with an ultra-low profile essential type and membrane switch. It is compatible with various operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS, plus it features multimedia hotkeys and adjustable tilt legs for everyday use. With these specifications in place, this keyboard offers excellent versatility and convenience to those on the go.
The DELL KB212-B 469-2457 Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Keyboard, manufactured by Wyse Technology, is a reliable and durable keyboard designed for everyday use. Crafted with premium materials and an intuitive 104-key layout, this keyboard simplifies typing and navigating through your work.
This keyboard is wired and connected to your computer via a USB cable, ensuring a reliable and responsive connection. Plus, its sleek and ergonomic design provides comfortable typing while reducing the risk of strain or injury.
This keyboard is compatible with Windows 10 and features single-colour backlighting support, adding a stylish touch to your workspace. Measuring 5 x 17.4 x 0.43 inches in size, it’s compact enough for storage when not in use.
One of the key advantages of the Dell KB212-B keyboard is its compatibility with Windows 10, making it ideal for those upgrading or already using this operating system from Microsoft. With such a versatile design, users can seamlessly transition their keyboard over without interruption or glitches.
Dell Keyboard KB212-b Layout
The Dell Keyboard KB212-B offers a standard 104-key layout featuring the number pad, function keys, and various shortcut keys. Arranged in a traditional QWERTY arrangement with several multimedia and volume control keys added for convenience, this keyboard offers an optimal typing experience. The keyboard features a set of arrow keys as well as dedicated keys for Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down functions. These keys are spaced out well and comfortably, so you can type for long periods without feeling tired or in pain. The Dell Keyboard KB212-B also has a low-key design and a slim profile to make typing more comfortable. Its simplicity, intuitive nature, and ease of use make it the ideal choice for everyday use.
Dell Keyboard KB212-B Switch specifications
The Dell KB212-B utilizes membrane switches commonly found on low- to mid-range keyboards. Membrane switches are made of several layers of soft, flexible material that, when pressed, complete a circuit and send electrical signals to your computer.
The Dell keyboard KB212-B features membrane switches designed for quiet operation and low profile, making it ideal for offices and shared spaces where noise may be an issue. They offer good tactile feedback and are generally durable, though they may not be as responsive or provide the same level of tactile feedback as mechanical switches.
Overall, the membrane switches used in the Dell keyboard KB212-B provide a cost-effective and dependable option for those seeking an everyday keyboard. But you might like mechanical switches better if you want a more tactile and responsive typing experience.
How to Clean Dell Keyboard KB212-B
Maintaining your Dell keyboard KB212-B is essential for its functionality and aesthetic appearance. Here’s a step-by-step guide on cleaning your Dell keyboard KB212-B:
- Switch off your computer and remove the keyboard.
- Turn the keyboard upside down and gently shake it to remove any loose debris or dust.
- Use compressed air to blow away any remaining dust or debris from the keyboard, paying particular attention to the spaces between keys.
- Use a soft-bristled brush, such as an old makeup brush or soft-bristled toothbrush, to gently clean between the keys.
- Dampen a lint-free cloth with isopropyl alcohol or another gentle cleaning solution and use it to gently wipe the keyboard, paying close attention to both keys and spaces between them.
- Use a dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the keyboard clean.
- Remove stubborn stains with a solution of warm water and mild detergent.
- Allow the keyboard to air dry entirely before connecting it to your computer.
Note: Never pour liquid directly onto a keyboard; avoid using harsh cleaning products, as they could damage it. Furthermore, be gentle when cleaning the keys to prevent damage or loss of lettering.
How to unlock Dell Keyboard KB212-b
The Dell keyboard KB212-B does not feature a lock function. However, there are some common reasons why your keyboard may not be working, and here are some solutions you can try to unlock or fix it:
- Verify if Your Keyboard Is Connected Correctly: Double-check to ensure your keyboard is securely plugged into the USB port on your computer.
- Restart Your Computer: Rebooting your computer may help address any software issues preventing the keyboard from functioning correctly.
- Verify Your Keyboard Settings: Ensure the keyboard settings are correctly configured in your computer’s control panel or system preferences.
- Check for Driver Updates: Visit Dell’s website and download the most up-to-date drivers for your keyboard.
- Try a Different USB Port: Plugging your keyboard into another USB port on your computer may help resolve the problem.
- Replace Batteries: If you own a wireless Dell keyboard KB212-B, check that the batteries are fresh and try replacing them.
If none of the above solutions works, it may be necessary to contact Dell support for further assistance or consider replacing the keyboard.
How to open Dell Keyboard KB212-b
Opening a Dell keyboard KB212-B can be difficult and is only recommended if you are an experienced technician or repair person. Disassembling the keyboard may cause damage and void its warranty if still under contract.
However, if you need to open the keyboard, here are the general steps:
- Please turn off your computer and unplug the keyboard from it.
- Place the keyboard flat on a clean and level surface, such as a table or workbench.
- Look for any screws that might be holding the keyboard together, which are usually located at the bottom.
- With a screwdriver, extract any screws you uncover.
- Carefully pry open the keyboard using a flathead screwdriver or plastic spudger to separate its top and bottom parts.
- Once the keyboard is opened, you can access its internal components, like the circuit board and membrane switches.
Note: Exercise caution when opening your Dell keyboard KB212-B and avoid using excessive force to prevent damage. If you need more time to open the keyboard, seek the assistance of a qualified technician or contact Dell support for assistance.
Dell Keyboard KB212-b Driver for Windows 10
The Dell keyboard KB212-B is a plug-and-play device that should work without additional drivers. However, if you are experiencing issues with your keyboard or some keys aren’t functioning correctly, check for any updates for the driver.
To check for driver updates, take these steps:
- Visit Dell’s website (www.dell.com/support/home) and select “Drivers & Downloads.”
- Enter your Dell product’s service tag or select it from the list to continue.
- Select “Drivers & Downloads” and then choose your operating system (Windows 10) from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Category,” select “Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices.”
- Search for “Dell Keyboard KB212-B” and click “Download.”
- Once the driver is downloaded, run the file to install it on your computer.
- Once installation is complete, could you restart your computer to complete it?
Note: If your keyboard is still malfunctioning after updating the driver, you may need to try other troubleshooting steps or contact Dell support for further assistance.
How to fix a Dell laptop keyboard when some keys aren’t working
Here are some steps you can try to fix your Dell laptop keyboard when some keys aren’t functioning:
Restart Your Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve keyboard issues.
Clean the Keyboard: Use compressed air to blow out any dirt or debris under the keys. You can also use a soft-bristled brush to gently cleanse the keys and their surrounding areas.
Check for Driver Updates: Visit Dell’s website and look for any available updates to your keyboard drivers. Install any updates that are found.
Verify Language Settings: Confirm that your keyboard is set to the correct language and layout in the “Control Panel.” Navigate to Region and Language under Keyboards & Languages, then make sure the correct keyboard is selected.
Use an External Keyboard: If some keys are still not responding, try using an external keyboard to determine if the problem lies with your laptop’s keyboard or the whole system.
Try a System Restore: If the issue began recently, use the system restore function to restore your computer to an earlier state when the keyboard was working correctly.
Replacing Your Keyboard: If none of the above methods works, you may need to replace your keyboard. You have two options: do it yourself or take it when shopping.
The Dell Keyboard KB212 B is a reliable and affordable wired keyboard with 104 standard keys, making it suitable for daily use. It has a sleek design and is compatible with most Windows operating systems. The keyboard is easy to set up and use, and its durable construction ensures it can withstand daily wear and tear. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for anyone looking for a basic keyboard for home or office use.
How do I remove the keys from my Dell KB212 B?
To remove keys from a Dell KB212-B keyboard, use either a keycap puller tool or a small flathead screwdriver to pry up the keycap gently. Be careful not to damage the mechanism or any surrounding keys while doing this. Once taken off, it can be cleaned or replaced as needed.
How Much Is Dell Keyboard KB212-B?
Prices for the Dell keyboard KB212-B may vary depending on where you buy it from and who you sell it to. On average, prices fall between $10 and $20, making this keyboard an affordable choice for those needing reliable and durable input for their home or office computer.
- Turn your computer off.
- Plug the keyboard's USB cable into a USB port on your computer. Alternatively, connect the keyboard to a USB hub if you are using one.
- Turn the computer on. The operating system automatically registers the keyboard, and you can begin using it right away.
- Install any drivers, if prompted.
Try using a different USB port on your PC. If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power. If it's still not working, try removing the USB hub and plugging the device directly into a USB port on the PC. Make sure that the cables on your device aren't damaged in any way.How do you connect a wired keyboard? ›
SETTING UP YOUR KEYBOARD
Plug the keyboard into an available USB port on your computer. Windows and Mac automatically find and install the appropriate driver and you can immediately begin using your keyboard.
- Best Keyboard. Logitech MX Keys S 5. ...
- Best Mid-Range Keyboard. Epomaker TH80 Pro 13. ...
- Best Budget Keyboard. Logitech Signature K650 4. ...
- Best Cheap Keyboard. Dell KB216 11. ...
- Best Keyboard For Mobile Devices. Logitech K380 4. ...
- Best Keyboard For Work And Play. ...
- Best Enthusiast Keyboard.
In this video, we'll go over the steps for performing a part replacement on your Dell PC. What you want to do is slide the latch to the left, to unlock and remove the battery. Now, using a scribe or a flathead screwdriver, press the keyboard latches and pry out the keyboard. Then, unplug and remove keyboard.Why won t my dell keyboard connect? ›
Verify that the batteries are new and properly inserted and that the mouse and keyboard are turned on. Remove and reinsert the receiver. If you still experience connection issues, restart your computer. Press and release the Bluetooth® button on the mouse and receiver.Can you connect a wired keyboard to a PC? ›
To connect your keyboard to your computer, you first need to make sure your keyboard has either a USB port or MIDI ports. You will then need a corresponding cable to connect your keyboard to your computer: If you have a USB port, you will need a USB A to B cable. If you have MIDI ports, you'll need a MIDI to USB cable.